Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cloak and Dagger Stuff

Dear God,

Psst! Can you hear me? Sorry. I'm whispering. I don't want the NRC inspector who is here checking up on our the-public-shouldn't-be concerned-about-any-kind-of-health-consequences tritium leak to hear me.


He's trying to help us figure out how our underground pipes are leaking, given that we have no underground pipes. Or so we claimed last year to the special Oversight Panel examining Vermont Yankee's reliability.

Let me put this frankly, God. We need a little divine intervention. Not only do we have the piping to explain away, we have the fact that we claimed as recently as last week that tritium had never been found in groundwater here. Turns out, it was found at Vermont Yankee in November, and last week's tests just proved that the problem is quickly getting worse.

Tritium is not just a potential health problem. It could be an expensive clean-up problem during decommissioning, for which we're already woefully under-budgeted. According to the Green Mountain Daily, at Connecticut Yankee, decommissioning cost an additional $481 million dollars due to radioactive contamination of the soil and water from tritium and Strontium 90.

Invisible decommissioning clean-up costs may be mounting, God. Can you help me put a good spin on this?

[A rolling thunder is heard, and then a deep, booming voice.]

Nurse: Doctor, there is an invisible man in your waiting room.

Doctor: Tell him I can't see him now. Next.

[More rolling thunder.]


Thanks, Lord. Divinely inspired, if a bit loud.

Amen,

Fake-Rob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

F-R:

God came to me in a vision and said:

MAKE A WEBSITE! MAKE TV COMMERCIALS!
AND THE THEME SHALL BE:
I AM ENEXUS!

(Cue Exodus theme song.)