Friday, June 27, 2008

The Hamburger Summit

Dear God,

I'm just writing to say that I am ACHING to go to Philip Baruth's Third Annual Political Barbeque and Hamburger Summit but can't figure out a way to do that anonymously. And if I try to just go as a guy who likes to hang out with bloggers (how creepy is that idea?), I will be up against my annoying stress response. Which is this: I laugh helplessly until I can't talk--can't even tell a simple blonde joke. And then when I lie there in a puddle of my own sweat and tears, everyone will say, "Hmm. Must be Fake-Rob. Still thinks he's funny, does he?

Beer? Really? And hamburgers? Damn!

Can you perform some kind of miracle, Lord?

Fake-Rob

PS: Anyway, I encourage everyone who CAN go to go. It's Saturday June 28 from 1-5 at North Beach in Burlington. Better directions are here.

No comments: