Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Surrender Dorothy!

Dear God,

I'm trying to learn to pay attention to things. Which is probably why, today, on this working vacation I'm enjoying at the joint headquarters of all of Entergy's Cayman Island holding companies (at my last count there were 10 or 11, though these things spread spores faster than mushrooms do), I was able to notice a strange message in the sand of the famed Seven-Mile Beach.


Kind of creepy, yes Lord? I mean, what's up with that? Anyway, moments after I snapped a picture of it, a wave came in and when it washed away.



When the water cleared, what was left was this new, even creepier message.


You're aghast and agape, yes,too, Lord? In this open-mouthed, astonished, this-can't-be-happening reaction, I was made in your image and likeness. I wonder who might have watched too many early color movies and been inspired thereby to leave such an obscure, dire message? I can only assume that dark forces are coalescing around us. For in the past week alone, while I and other PR types have been cavorting in the surf:

  • Entergy Corporate has hinted that it might allow an independent safety assessment of Vermont Yankee.

  • Entergy has gone all the way to saying "yes" to an ISA of Indian Point.

  • The Vermont Senate has advanced a bill requiring the decommissioning fund to be fully funded before Entergy Nuclear sells Vermont Yankee and five other reactors off to a new spin-off company.

Well, we have lost our way on the yellow brick road, if you ask me. But no one here is asking me.

Anyway, thank you, Lord, for watching over lowly me during this time of surfy turmoil. Thank you, too, for inventing parasailing, at which I am having a wonderful time. Finally and most importantly, thank you, Lord, for giving us the wind that keeps my parasail afloat. Wind, truly, is an energy form that's "too cheap to meter."

Amen,

Fake-Rob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were beginning to wonder just where you were. but we can't see the same pictures that you seem to see. maybe that is the point...

glad to see that you are having a good time!!

you are missing some great mtgs here in green vermont. for some reason, they are all packed into the same 3 weeks.