Monday, February 11, 2008

Vermont Yankee's Endless Dream Date

Dear God,

I've had another nightmare.

(Here, Lord, just as with my What We Talk About When We Talk About Nuclear Nightmares prayer, I need you to imagine wavy lines occupying your field of vision and strange, discordant music. You're entering into my dream sequence.)
_____


Old guy goes into the doctor's office. Doctor says, "Hey! You look great! What are you doing that's different?"

Old guy says, "I've met a bevy of gorgeous, completely willing 18 year old girls. All we do is make the amore. We make it in the morning before breakfast, then after breakfast, then before lunch, then after lunch and on throughout the day. The amore, the amore, the amore."

Doctor says, "Better slow down. With a guy your age, too much amore can be fatal."

Old guy says, "So what? If they die, they die."

(Image more wavy lines and creepy music now.)

_____

What does this nightmare mean, Lord? Here I am in the midst of spinning PR for our re-licensing battle and the nuclear protesters just figured out that it's not just one Vermont Yankee re-licensing battle that they'll have to fight but, potentially, an endless number of them. Apparently the NRC does not in any way limit the number of times a plant can try to re-up on its license.

Is this an anxiety dream, Lord? Should I be worrying about potential catastrophic consequences of "too much amore" (a/k/a pushing our aging plant beyond its reasonable limit)?

It feels so good to schmooze our "too cheap to meter" energy message in the morning before breakfast, then after breakfast, then before lunch, then after lunch and on throughout the day. But shouldn't I ever stop to wonder? What did my dream mean with, "So what? If they die, they die?"

Thanks for listening, Lord. Corporate profit I understand. Dreams I'm not so good at.

Amen,

Fake-Rob

No comments: