Wednesday, January 23, 2008

So the NRC Won't Stop the Re-licensing Process. So What?

Dear Lord,

What, do I have to do everything around here? And do I have to do it twice?

People keep asking me if I'm surprised that the NRC denied the requests of certain activists to stop the re-licensing petitions of Vermont Yankee, Pilgrim Power Station in Plymouth and Indian Point nuclear generating units 2 and 3 along the Hudson River just north of New York City.

Well, duh! This is all just more of the same concern about the fact that the NRC's own Inspector General's office complained that applications for re-licensing typically lacked substance. And I've already discussed that little issue--twice! First here and then here (complete with a "Kind of Fun News Quiz") -- and I don't happen to feel like doing it again!

Can't everyone see that I'm having a bad day? If they're all so concerned about whether "substance-free" re-licensing applications might pose a danger to them and their loved ones, they can just refer to my Ten Handy Evacuation Safety and Sanity Tips. And if they happen to work for my PR group they can also check the Core Meltdown Do's and Don't's for PR Employees (For Internal Distribution Only). It's not like the Core Meltdown list is out-of-date or anything. I just posted it, like, this morning.

Jeez. Everyone should get a life!

Amen,

Fake-Rob

No comments: